5 Social Media Behaviours Your Brand Needs To Stop Right Now
With 2.8 billion and climbing Social Media users worldwide, determining a set of rules that would work for everyone would be impossible. But there are some behaviours and tips that brands should follow to help ensure your Social Media Branding is getting the right message across instead of damaging your business’ success.
Here we highlight 5 Social Media Marketing Behaviours Your Brand Needs To Avoid in 2017:
1. Posting too many promotional messages. Sprout’s Social Survey reports that 58% of social followers are annoyed by too many promotional messages. Nobody wants to be force fed advertisement after advertisement from your business. However, little to no promotions can be counterproductive as well. Create a balance; About 85% of people need to see a product or service multiple times on social media before purchasing.
2. Sharing irrelevant information. Occasionally it’s good to post out-of-the-box messages, but overall remember why your followers chose to follow your brand and give them what they expect. 41% of respondents say they will unfollow a brand when they read too much irrelevant information.
3. Posting too frequently. Posting is good. Too many posts can cause people to unfollow, especially if you’re mostly posting the same things over and over again. Try to limit your posts to 2-3 per day (not including replies).
4. Being too quiet on Social Media. Just like how tweeting too often can be annoying to your Twitter Followers, posting too little can give your followers a reason to unfollow as well. If you are out of ideas on what to post, try to observe your competitors and see what they post regularly as well.
5. Not replying to customers. Most people have now resorted to messaging businesses through Social Media to ask questions or voice concerns and complaints, and not receiving a response can completely turn them off of your brand. Not engaging or responding with your customers makes your business appear as if it doesn’t care about it’s customers.
Connect with your audience!
Case in point — overdoing common Social Media Marketing behaviours is the fastest way to losing followers and potentially customers.
Whether it’s too much or too little, it remains that Social Media users set a high standard for any business’ Social Media Management. But by avoiding these 5 biggest mistakes, you’re more than likely to be well ahead of your competitors to achieving Social Media Marketing Success!